What you need to know!
Watch the Video: What is a GPA?
In New York State, students can earn three types of diplomas: 🕹 A Regents Diploma 🕹Advanced Regents Diploma 🕹 A Local Diploma
These are the BEST Times of our LIVES!
Very Important! Click below for more info:
- Step 1: Find Out Your High School’s Graduation Requirements. …
- Step 2: Ask Yourself the Right Questions & Perform a Self-Evaluation. …
- Step 3: Choose Electives that Interest You & Stand Out to Colleges. …
- Step 4: Extracurricular Activities & Community Service Plan.
Ninth grade is often the first school year of high school in the United States, or the last year of middle/junior high school. Your Freshman year is a start of what will come. Start studying for the PSAT’s, and Khan Academy is a great resource. Explore and join extracurricular activities to boost your college resume. We encourage all students to ask questions, seek help and keep your GPA at a 3.0 or higher!
- Prepare for rigorous Math and Science classes
- Practice for the PSAT Reading and Writing sections
- Continue to explore extracurricular activities
- Boost Your GPA
- Take the PSAT in October (Use Khan Academy)
- Join Extracurricular Activities
- Meet with Guidance your Counselor to make a plan
- Finalize High School Activity List
- Have a conversation with your family about Next Steps
A few TIPS every High School Junior should do in the Spring to Make the College Search Easier
- Finish strong, again, FINISH STRONG!
- Choose challenging classes for senior year
- Get to know your counselor
- Connect with teachers too
- Continue preparing for the SAT or ACT
- Start or update your resume, activities list, or brag sheet
- Stay focused in College Advisory
- College Essays and request Letters of Recommendations from your Favorite TEACHERS
- Have a conversation with your family about Next Steps!
YOU MADE IT!
- Start looking for Colleges, now!
- Go to College fairs and open houses. You won’t be able to hit every school during your March break, so it’s important to get out to see your top choices as soon as possible.
- Your courses and grades matter
- Don’t hide in your room and study every night. Start looking for scholarships for you second year in college. BE PREPARED!
YOU DID IT!
Check this out: Diploma worksheets in every language
What’s your PLAN?
Whatever you do
College, Military, Vocational, or Trade School, do it for you, and do it with PASSION!