Dear Students and Parents:
Your experience at the High School for Community Leadership can and will be filled with opportunities for learning, building friendships and contributing to life’s most precious moments of your pre-teen or teens life. Our school and community will do our best to make sure we give 100% to all of our students. By adhering to the school rules you will be taking steps toward being successful.
This is list is also a reminder of what responsibilities students will have to live up to during their time at HSCL
- Students are to follow their program at all times. Students must not be in the halls during class time without a pass. Loitering in halls will result in a parent conference; continuing this behavior will result in additional disciplinary measures.
- Every student has a responsibility to be in his/her seat when class begins. Excessive absences/lateness will not be tolerated and is a result of a parent conference.
- Students are prohibited from leaving the building during their school day, including their lunch period. Smoking on school grounds is not permitted. (Seniors should read senior policy)
- Dress must be appropriate for the classroom and not disruptive to the educational process. At HSCL, we “dress for success.” Hats and other non-religious head coverings are prohibited. Please do not wear cut-off shorts or shirts.
- Students must not use foul or profane language or any ethnic, racial, or religious slurs in verbal or written communications.
- Fighting or any other physical confrontation will result in suspension, possible involuntary transfer to another school, and possible arrest. Resolve conflicts peacefully; fighting results in suspension.
- Students must always show respect for each other’s personal property and each other’s feelings.
- Students must not engage in any physical or verbal forms of sexual harassment toward anyone.
- Defacing school property in any way will result in a suspension and/or student being removed from school.
Your success starts with you when you make the right choices every day.