The National Honor Society is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Character.
- Applicants must have an overall weighted average of 90% or above on their transcript by February of junior year.
- Applicants must have completed 3 full semesters at HSCL.
- Applicants may only apply for NHS in junior & Senior year.
- Applicants must complete at least 25 hours of community service outside of school since 9th grade. Service must be done without any monetary compensation. Examples include homeless shelters, Meals on Wheels, blood drives, day care youth worker, Candy Striper, clean-ups, political campaign, tutoring, canned food drives, etc.
- Applicants must perform school community service. This includes: Student Organizations, leadership positions; athletic teams; clubs; band; chorus; school publications; theatrical performances; school service.
- A mandatory requirement for all HSCL members is to serve as peer tutors during senior year and assist at Parent/Teacher Conference.
- Applicants must demonstrate active school community service while as a member.
- Members must maintain a 90%+ average in senior year on their transcript.
- Members must have satisfactory attendance at meetings.
Applications will be sent to students with 90 and above averages.